This post is in honor of our sister’s birthday. Rock on, Melanie!
- The Red Sox are close to announcing a deal for Rocco Baldelli and John Smoltz. Both could be announced shortly, maybe as soon as this weekend.
- Shelly Duncan has been DFA’ed. I’ll always remember two things from him: his forearm bump and his hard slide into the Ray’s Aki Iwamura. He’s a good guy, but not a good fit for the Yankees. A victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, I suppose.
- Peter Gammons continues to be one of the writers on my “Idiots” list.
- The G-Man is back in the Bay Area. Good for him. He’ll become the second part of Bash Brothers II with Matt Holliday. Honor thy thong!
- There are new Stadium photos. Hat tip to Greg Cohen. I can’t wait!
- Jon Heyman says the Yankees are shopping Nady, Swisher and Matsui. But not Damon.
- Jason at Heartland Pinstripes has this excellent post on the J.C. Romero suspension. It’s an excellent read into what transpired between Romero, the Phillies, MLB, and MLBPAA. It’s a bit long, but worth it if you have a few extra minutes.
- Lastly, with the Hall of Fame 2009 list to be announced in a couple of days, some BBWAA members have already unveiled their selections. Some people have chosen…poorly. I will have more analysis later this week on what is going on with the BBWAA.
Have a great day, folks!