In case you’re sitting at home today, waiting for the Yankee’s Opening Day Game at the NEW Yankee Stadium, here is the agenda for the Opening Ceremonies.
10:15 AM – Coverage Begins on MLB.com. Not a clue what will be covered, but probably interviews conducted over the last couple of weeks.
11:30 AM – Coverage begins on YES Network, with Pregame Coverage
12:10 PM – Opening Day Ceremonies Begin–
- West Point Marching Band Performs “Washington Post March” and “Stars and Stripes Forever” in honor of John Phillip Sousa, who led Seventh Regiment Band in performing the same songs in 1923.
- The West Point Band performs “Armed Services Medley”
- Colors will be presented by the NYPD and FDNY Color Guards
- 75 x 150 foot American Flag is unfurled by West Point Cadets, and American Idol Winner and 2-time Grammy Winner Kelly Clarkson sings the National Anthem
- 174th Fighter Wing out of Syracuse, NY will fly over in F16C Flying Falcons at the conclusion of the Anthem.
- At some point, the Yankees will introduce the following Veteran Players
- Then the current Cleveland Indians roster and starters will be introduced, followed by the Yankees roster and starters
- Yogi Berra gets the honor of throwing out the first pitch
The game is scheduled to begin at 1:05pm.
The Yankee veterans scheduled to be present are:
Luis Arroyo, Jesse Barfield, Yogi Berra, Ron Blomberg, Bobby Brown, Horace Clarke, Jerry Coleman, David Cone, Chili Davis, Bucky Dent, Al Downing, Dave Eiland, Ed Figueroa, John Flaherty, Whitey Ford, Joe Girardi, Goose Gossage, Ken Griffey, Ron Guidry, Charlie Hayes, Rickey Henderson, Reggie Jackson, Tommy John, Jim Kaat, Don Larsen, Hector Lopez, Tino Martinez, Lee Mazzilli, Gene Michael, Jeff Nelson, Graig Nettles, Paul O’Neill, Joe Pepitone, Willie Randolph, Bobby Richardson, Mickey Rivers, Buck Showalter, Bill “Moose” Skowron, Luis Sojo, Mel Stottlemyre, Ralph Terry, Bob Turley, David Wells, Roy White, Bernie Williams and Dave Winfield.