- New York Yankee Manager Joe Girardi made it official Thursday — Curtis Granderson will play center field and Brett Gardner left field.
- Something to think about: Assume 12 pitchers, and assume Mariano Rivera, Joba Chamberlain, Damaso Marte, David Robertson, Alfredo Aceves and Chan Ho Park make the team. Who gets the last spot? Boone Logan? Sergio Mitre? Royce Rin
- Both Jorge Posada and Francisco Cervelli are hurting as the regular season approaches. Today Mike Rivera started in the backstop, but Giardi is optimistic that both of them (and Damaso Marte, who is also experiencing tightness/soreness in his throwing arm) will be ready for the regular season.
- A.J. Burnett was happy with his final spring start, especially the way he was able to use his new changeup.
- This is one of those funky locker room moments between athletes. Pat Venditte autographed a ball for Curtis Granderson.
- Murray Chass has penned his thoughts on the American League East.
It’s sunny in the northeast — enjoy your weather! Let’s hope it continues until Sunday!